Friday, June 3, 2011

A long time coming!

For a long time my friends have heard me say that there was no way I was going to start "blogging", "Tweeting" or posting on the "Wall"...but here I am in all my glory!  Sometimes it just takes some people a bit longer to get with the program.  I do have an ultimate purpose for doing this blog though.  It occured to me that it would be a lot easier to publish my upcoming workshop dates, new class descriptions, supply lists and answer questions that were frequently asked of me.  Also, I am a person that really enjoys sharing.  I experiment almost everday and sometimes when the results are not completely disastrous this would be a fun avenue to share some exciting discoveries.  This is my first attempt at creating a blog, so please bear with me.  It will improve, I can assure you.  I just returned from the south of France and had the most inspiring time of my life!  I came home ready to create.  Of course right now my "other" life is taking priority-weeding, planting and running all of life's necessary errands.  My studio beckons to me and is eagerly awaiting more paint spills and general "Annie clean-ups".  When I was in France I found the most wonderful cementery in Old Nice and shot about 500 photos within the cementery walls. I am excited about starting a series which I will title "Angels of Nice".  The series will encompass a range of media that includes sculpture, paintings, assemblage (constructions), found object jewelry and whatever else my over-active ADHD mind comes up with!.  I found some unique treasures at a french flea market and did many rubbings both in the city of Nice and the cementery that I will incorporate into my work.  Yum...I can't wait to get started!

4 comments:

  1. WhoooHooooo! Finally! I am delighted to see you finally did it girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! Good to see you! Glad your trip was os filling - I feel the same way - I am ready to burst! I know nothing but wonderful works will come from this.
    I too must keep my should to the wheel but it is an exciting time. Hugs - Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Will be checking on your blogging. It won't hurt you a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see you have a blog. I love your work, and know I will enjoy getting a peek into your studio, and seeing how you work. Thanks for taking the time to get it going!

    ReplyDelete